Saturday, November 1, 2014

Here we go again!

Good morning from Koh Chang, Thailand! 



A few days ago we packed our backpacks and left the US for the land of smiles. In June we travelled through the South West and had a blast so we thought we'd step up our game a bit. We decided to spend the next four months in South East Asia, and here we are. 

The last few days have been filled with travel. A short stop in Tokyo was a nice reprieve from the long flights here. Then we continued in busses, taxis, tuk tuks, ferries, and even in the back of a truck (don't worry mom, it was a 'taxi truck') and after a night in Bangkok and a day of shopping at Khaosan road we have finally reached our first destination: Koh Chang. 

We'll spend the next few days relaxing here and then make our way up to Chaing Mai, where we will stay for most of November while I spend my time interning at Rajavej, McCormick and Maharaj hospitals and Nate spends his working online. Oh, and I'm sure we'll find some time to play too!

















1 comment:

  1. Well it appears that my last comment disappeared into space, never to be seen again. Basically I wanted to let you know how grateful I am to know your journey this time in the back of a truck wasn't related to drowning the car in a river. And that although it was a great adventure which I will remember ALWAYS with no regrets, it is not an experience I want you to repeat, especially not while Kate's mom is trusting you with her daughter. I hope you both have a wonderful "Day of Thanks" at the end of the month, I know while I am basking in the sun with your sister we will think of you both. I am so glad to see some pictures of S. East Asia and learn a little about it while you travel. Thanks for sharing and remember to keep updating your blog. Luvs

    ReplyDelete